-
September 23rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I currently shoot with a Bauer Royal 10E and some of my CU's and MCU's on my first test roll came out fuzzy.What's the secret here?Never had this problem with 16mm or video.
-
September 25th, 2004, 04:08 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Can you give an explanation of the types of shots that came out sharp so we can compare and contrast what might have happened?
-
September 28th, 2004, 09:00 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Yes.Usually closeups zoomed in and medium closeups.I know how to focus with a zoom lens,zoom in,focus and compose,but either my diopter is not set for my eyesight (I wear contacts)or something else is not right.
-
September 29th, 2004, 01:32 AM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
The way I have learned to set the diopter is to do it in the wide angle position. Zoom in and set focus on the lens barrel. Then zoom out to wide angle position and set the diopter for maximum sharpness.
Now zoom in again and see if you have to reset focus. Then zoom out and see if you are still in focus.
Is that what you have been doing?
-
September 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Yes I'm familiar with that procedure,same as the 16mm Bolexes and Beaulieus I've used for years,it just seems to be more critical with super 8 cameras.
-
October 1st, 2004, 12:51 AM
#6
HB Forum Moderator
When the f-stop is wide open on a zoom lens camera it can sometimes soften up the image. What was your f-stop setting?
-
October 3rd, 2004, 11:08 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Somewhere between 4 and 5.6.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks